Week 6 Story

Far beyond the depths of the deep dark ocean was the city of Tyran that had massive destruction due to being under attack by a gang of siren mermaids that destroyed everything in their path. These sirens could grow up to forty feet long and throw as much as two tons of concrete.

In the city of Tyran lived a half-woman, half mermaid named Sita, who was torn between her longing to be on dry land or remain with her family in the ocean. She was so determined also to find a husband to help her take over the underwater city of Tyran so that she could rule her kingdom.
The problem was, most mermen saw her as abnormal because of her human-like appearance.
She longed for a man to fall in love with and spend the rest of her days.

One day Sita was watching the sunset like she did almost every evening near a buoy when she was taken by surprise by a nearby boat. Among this boat was a handsome man that also was watching the sunset. He noticed Sita and assumed she was drowning, so he jumped in to save her; she was about to run when Sita realized this was her chance for someone to notice her. She stopped him in his tracks and told her that she was half human and half mermaid. They talked all night by the dock when Sita thought of a great idea. She explained to the man that she needed a husband to help her take over the city of Tyran. He was a little nervous about it but then soon realized this was also his chance at true love.
Sita used her magic to turn him into a merman and Sita showed him how he could take advantage of his new sea legs. They swam down to Tyran and proclaimed their love for one another and had a ceremony to consummate their marriage. They soon took over the kingdom and rebuilt the city with some extra help from sea creatures.




Authors Notes: Hi all! Thank you for reading this story. I got my inspiration from a movie I saw a few years ago, but I couldn't remember the name of it. I wanted to include the character Sita from the Ramayana but create her in a new aspect by making her a mermaid. 

The Under Water City of Tyran

Source: Donald Mackenzie, Ramayana, Ramayana Part A.

Comments

  1. I think the story was very cute and reminded me of a reverse little mermaid. Your story painted a beautiful visual I just wish their was a little more description and feeling to get the reader more involved with the story. But overall a very nice story and made me feel like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! I love the creativity in this story! It reminded me of the movie Aquaman and its underwater city of Atlantis, which I love and watch on every plan that has movie screens on the back of the seats. There is so much room for exploration with this story. I would love to know more about Sita’s character here because she seems so interesting, and also the man turned mermaid she marries. I can just imagine this being Sita’s role in rebirth in her next life. I would also be interested to hear how Sita interacted with the sirens since she was half mermaid herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny,

    I actually think I saw the same movie you are talking about, but maybe that is the premise for basically all movies that involve mermaids honestly. It was an interesting take on the story and it fit in nicely with the source story. I was going to say that including some of the other stories in with it would have helped such as the troubles they encountered together, but I get that is not what you were going for. It also would have not fit the theme of it. Overall, great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ocean theme you've chosen for this story, what a creative spin! Since Sita was known for her beauty, I can imagine being part mermaid would really suit her since these creatures are similarly known for their striking looks typically. You never specified- but I assume her human savior is meant to represent Rama? I like the concept of him having such a compassionate heart since in the Ramayana he got sort of a bad reputation in the end. I think first encounter stories are always entertaining, but a story like this where you give an account of their drama would be compelling as well and would be a great sequel since their romance in the original is such a journey itself. Anyways, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To A Future Pharmacist

Week 11 Story: Makhan Chor