Storybook Favorites

https://sites.google.com/site/ramavssita/the-trial-begins

Title: The Trial Begins

I have read a little on this subject in high school and see an occurring theme between arranged marriages and happiness in Indian culture. I know that India has one of the lowest divorce rates because most of their marriages are arranged and it's very hard to get a divorce if you'd like one. This story seems to be taking place in the past where a woman is torn between two men but faces death if she does not become the wife of the leader. I like how this story is just a clip out of something and jumps right into the plot... I loved reading this little short story. I also enjoyed the navigation of the page, it was simple and easy to work through.


https://sites.google.com/view/ganesha-lord-of-new-beginnings/introduction

Title: Shivani's Storybook

I also liked this page because it's very personal to her and she talks about her culture a lot. She also left a cute diagram to explain the different symbols in her culture. This was a very different content for me and a little hard for me to wrap my head around. I like her creativeness to her story and the pictures she included to help us understand her point of view a little more. I like how she had the main theme of the elephant and how she explained her history of how she came to be. If I had a cool family history about something like this I would blog about it as well!

https://sites.google.com/view/gossipgirlayodhya/ramas-journey

Title: Gossip Girl Ayodhya

I actually have never seen gossip girl but I get the gist of the show. I enjoy how she incorporated her TV show into a story. It made it interesting to read and also made me laugh. I enjoy how you can take your own spin on these stories and make them your own. This is something I would like to do with mine. She did a great job with her chapters and the headers while explaining every detail with her own twist. I hope I create a story with my own personal vibe like she did. This gave me some pointers on the style of the text and how you can make it your own.

Comments

  1. I am glad you found some Storybooks to connect with, Jenny! That "Gossip-Girl" style is such a fun one; people have used that in this class for projects, and also just for individual stories in their blogs too. And gossip really is a huge theme in the epics, as you'll see in the Ramayana especially!
    There was not an image showing up here, so remember to use the Declaration in Canvas as a kind of checklist; it can be a kind of reminder to go back and add something to a post if you missed something.
    About links in Blogger: you can create link text and not show the URL; that's easier on the eyes, esp. for long web addresses. So your link here could be: The Trial Begins. You can give that style a try in your next post and see how it works. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To A Future Pharmacist

Week 11 Story: Makhan Chor