Week 11 Story: Makhan Chor

In the village of Yumana lived a woman named Yashoda who had received a unique child from the gods. The child, whose name is Krishna, had supernatural powers and was talented beyond any other child in the village. He was placed in Yashodas bed the night Krishna was born to protect him from his enemies. Yashoda thinks that she is the birth mother of Krishna but does not understand where all his power is coming from. Little does Yashoda know that she is raising a gifted avatar.

Krishna was just a boy when he started to realize his talents and started using them to stir up trouble. He was always getting yelled at by the villagers to stop his nonsense, and sometimes they would even go as far as returning him to his mother. Yashoda did not know what to do about her son's playful demeanor. Krishna felt as though this was just harmless fun that older people did not understand.

One day he decided that he wanted to try a new prank out by stealing butter from female workers and see if they noticed or if they could catch him. He would run into a hut where the woman slaved over churning butter and grab a full bucket and run as fast as he could. This went on for a couple of days before the woman started cracking down. They decided to have one woman watch the butter, but that didn't stop Krishna. He would swing in from a vine, and ninja flips his way through the window and out the other.

The woman knew where Krishna was from, so after work, they marched over to Yashoda's house to warn her of her son's pranks. Yashoda assured the women that he was playing a harmless joke and would surely return the things he took. After Krishna told his mother that he had misplaced the butter, he was forced to work for the women to pay for the butter he stole. After that, Krishna never wanted to prank again, but he was always known as the Makhan Chor ( the boy who took butter.)



Authors Notes: This story originated from a segment of the story of Krishna, where it talks about Krishna being a trouble maker. I wanted to add a better back groud story of how he recieved his nick-name. I made most of this story up based on a true event.
Krishna enjoying his butter: Source- Dolls of India

Source: Source : Epified, Krishna Part A, Youtube

Comments

  1. Hi Jenny! I really liked this story. It was very well written, easy to read, and had a nice flow to it. I read about Krishna for last weeks reading and his story is very interesting. It was nice to see a different version of Krishna's tale. Your author's note was super helpful in understanding where the inspiration for your story came from. Overall, I really enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! I really enjoyed your story. I remember learning more about Krishna in the epified videos. Is that where you learned this story? I think the story was well written. If you want, you can change "flips" to just "flip" towards the end of the story. I think it would make a bit more sense grammatically. Otherwise I could find nothing. Great job, and keep up the hard work! You're close to being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a charming story! Curious and mischievous little Krishna really comes to life in this snapshot of the time he was caught stealing butter from the neighbor. The picture you included is precious, and I guess I didn't expect him to be so young when this incident occurred. One part that I really enjoyed is your choice of words when you said he swung down "ninja" style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny. This is a super cute story! I also love that it includes a moral and that Krishna learns his lesson in the end. I haven't watched any of the Epified videos about Krishna yet but I think I will have to remedy that and soon. Also that picture you found is too stinking precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny!
    I enjoyed your version of the butter thief of the Krishna stories. I think it was great how you added an almost playful aspect to the story by describing how Krisha got into the hut. Swinging on vines and using ninja moves to sneak around. That’s exactly what my son tries to do when he is being sneaky, but it never works out. This made me laugh thinking how little boys come up with some crazy ideas. Great job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny, I did not read this story but boy, did your story make me laugh! I liked how you based your story off of real events, which makes me wonder what story you based it off of. I love the picture you included because it is just too cute! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to read more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny,

    I watched the video series on Krishna and I remember this part pretty well. I like that you chose to focus on this part of the story and that you gave a little bit of background on the mother son relationship. The only thing I might change would be to make your author's note a little bit longer. You could add some additional background information and tell what inspired you to focus on that part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I love the execution of the story. You didn’t change much from the story I read. I enjoyed your retelling of the story plus the added background on where he got his nickname. I like how Krishna is the embodiment of Vishnu who is a god but at the same time does things like steal butter. I think it is funny because when you think of a god you don’t think of a god doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To A Future Pharmacist